Sep 23, 2011

Le Métier de Beauté True Colour Eye Shadow in Corinthian.


to try out the make up range by Le Métier de Beauté i ordered some of their most popular products: a few brushes (review) and a few of their iconic eyeshadow colours. i've already shown you my first one, Spicy, here.

this time it's about their infamous Corinthian, one of the must-have shades of the range which got overwhelming reviews from many beauty bloggers i adore - make sure to check out the fantastic reviews/swatches/comparisons for Corinthian on:

The Non-Blonde
The Beauty Look Book (for the best comparisons, as always!)
Makeup Never Sleeps (with an amazing EOTD!)
Getting Cheeky
beautiful FOTD by Sandra on 15 Steps, then a Beauty Blog

of course it's Maureen again who helped me to get my hands on this piece ;)
Le Métier eyeshadows contain whopping 3.8g of product and cost 30$.

they come in slim rubberized compacts with little mirrors inside - but no floppy applicators.

Corinthian is a shimmery mauvey taupe colour, it's a very complex shade that consists of a cool toned, mauvey taupe frosty pearl on a warm medium brown base colour. so sometimes it's taupe, sometimes it's rose, sometimes it's bronze - but everytime it's beautiful!
on me, Corinthian is quite a warm colour, certainly makes it hard for me to pull off - similarly to MAC's Satin Taupe. but since its cool toned frosty shimmer is so intense, this is a lot easier for me to wear. it's such a dimensional and reflective colour, very lucent and shiny.
the texture is again excellent - very smooth and fine, not too soft but a beautiful silkiness with good pay off. it blends beautifully and wears great without creasing or loosing the shimmer effect.
the finish is of a strong pearl shine but rather sheer, which makes Corinthian a perfect shade to layer on other colours for the "Couches de Couleurs"-technique Le Métier de Beauté is so well known for. i love to combine this in different "layering" eye make ups to try out the stunning complex effects this creates. i especially like it over bright colours, to tone them down and give them a special twist (like in one of the eye make ups i'm showing you). the bright colour will shine through but this way it's much more wearable!
women with more mature eyes or very hooded lids might want to avoid to use this very light catching colour all over, though. for them, this would be a perfect touch of shine for the center of the lid or lower lashline.
bottom line - allover recommendation, a staple neutral with a beautiful effect!

i am really amazed by the quality of their eyeshadows, so be sure that this wasn't the last LMdB eyeshadow that makes an appearance on my blog!




eye make ups:

#1


here i wore Corinthian on its own on the lid and the lower lashline. with MAC Coffee eyeliner on the upper, and MAC Powersurge eyeliner (review) on the lower lashline. look how Corinthian makes my lids literally glow!

with flash:



#2


from this one, you can see how beautiful Corinthian layers. i wore it as a soft wash over MAC Deep Truth eyeshadow, a bright ultramarine. Corinthian makes Deep Truth more shiny, more muted and transfers it to a denim colour with a stunning complex shimmer. it blends out the blue colour very nicely.
i had MAC Patina on the lower lashline and a bit of MAC Retrospeck on the tearduct area.


with flash:


i also swatched the layering effect for you to compare:

MAC Deep Truth - LMdB Corinthian
in flashlight: MAC Deep Truth - Deep Truh with Corinthian layered over it - LMdB Corinthian


comparison

Wet N'Wild Mauve Magic - Alverde Glam Mauve - Chantecaille Sel - Le Métier de Beauté Corinthian - MAC Satin Taupe
Wet N'Wild Mauve Magic - Alverde Glam Mauve - Chantecaille Sel - Le Métier de Beauté Corinthian - MAC Satin Taupe
compared to a cooler colour:
Le Métier de Beauté Corinthian - Rouge Bunny Rouge Delicate Hummingbird
Le Métier de Beauté Corinthian - Rouge Bunny Rouge Delicate Hummingbird

as you can see, it doesn't resemble any of the colours i own, it's less orange than Wet N'Wild's, less purple than Alverde's, a lot different from Chantecaille Sel (which is more of a golden sandy taupe) and much warmer than Rouge Bunny Rouge's Delicate Hummingbird.
the most similar colour, MAC Satin Taupe, is a bit warmer on me and less shiny than Corinthian.



12 comments:

  1. That layering effect is so creative. I like the winged liquid liner on you, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tolle Nuance & Pigmentierung. Gefällt mir sehr gut! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I FINALLY got my hands on Corinthian as well about a month ago. It completely lived up to the hype! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on getting one of these. I waited months for it to come in stock. Your eyeshadow looks are beautiful, as always.

    I am surprised that Chantecaille Sel looks cooler than Corinthian. I wonder how it compares to Laura Mercier Topaz. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @perilously pale: you say it! it really lives up to the expectations! i really enjoyed your review on it!

    @zuzu's petals: thank you! i also had to wait 1-2 months!
    Sel is more golden compared to Topaz which seems more greyish. i will review both of them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is definitely a brand I plan to try soon! Great swatches and looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for this amazing post! I already had my eye on this eyeshadow but now I want it even more. The look with Deep Truth is just stunning. I <3 LMdB!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the shout-out doll! I love looking at the photographs of other bloggers because the shade *never* looks the same! Your comparison swatches and layering suggestions (I think I may have found a use for Deep Truth!) are brilliant.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woah that's gorgeous as a layer! <3 Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I die...this shade is beyond beautiful!! I'm heading to the states soon, can't wait to check out the entire range! There are so manta things I want to get from Le Metier.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to get my hands on this as well now! I love the pairing with deep truth!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pictures are beautiful. I love Corinthian but never put it with a blue like that but I certainly will after reading your post. Corinthian is cooler on my very fair skin than on yours but I'm sure the pairing will be just as lovely.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...